RZT 42 ?

Rustysocket

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

I am considering purchasing a Cub Cadet RZT42 with the bagger attachment. I currently have a JD L130 and am considering upgrading to a ZTR. JD also has a similar sized ZTR but they honestly appear to be very similar in both features and price. The reason I am considering the CC over the JD is they have a great financing offer going on right now. 3year 0% interest.

I have a little under .5 acre that is very flat. I live in Western Washington (lots of rain) and my current rider plugs up the bagger if there is any dampness at all. I think the primary problem is that I try to go to fast and the deck size (3 blade 48") just feeds too much grass to quickly.

I realize that the CC is not a commercial mower. I really don't think I need one and it is inexpensive (relatively). What is the general opinion of this machine. Is there any thing I should be aware of?

My JD l130 has about 220hours on it and has served me well since 2004. It is in fine condition and has no issues. How would I establish a reasonable price to sell it quickly on craigslist? What is it worth.

Thanks for anyones' opinions and help.

PS If i purchase this CC it will be throught a local shop and not a big box store. They speak highly of it and say it will serve me well. I also realize they are in the business of selling products. I'm not afraid to spend a little more money if I need to. The machine with bagger and delivered is a little over 3k$.

thanks again.

rs

Parkmower

Threads
I have that exact set up at home. I paid under $3k delivered two years ago The mower does what I ask it to. The bagger works very good but will clog if you go crazy in wet grass. I think this would work good for yr small lot. I mow two yards with mine. Prob just over an acre.

Rustysocket

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the response. It looks like a nice mower. Local dealer wants 2499 for mower. 399 for bagger and then sales tax. That seems to be the going rate.

I ordered one tonight...... :smile:

Looking forward to getting it tommorrow after work.