Rz5424

Kevin1970

Threads
Replaced the ignition and PTO switch still blowing fuses when I turn to start. I pulled the negative cable off battery and put test light on post and to wire and no light until I turn to start position. Hook negative cable back on turn to start pop fuse. Now when I unplug the yellow wire from the solenoid the fuse doesn’t pop but still nothing. Traced that yellow wire to brake lever plug. Suggestions? Oh and I have replaced the starter, solenoid, battery and all safety switches. I have pulled the entire harness and see no bad wires????? ?
The only time I don’t pop fuse is removing that yellow wire from solenoid

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In which case that would point to the solenoid having a dead short
Hard to see from your photos how many wires you have at the base of the solenoid
According to the wiring diagram you should have a 3 pole solenoid
That is 2 heavy ones for the battery & Starter cables and one small ( yellow ) wire to the base which is the trigger wire.
This one should go from 0 to 12V when the key is in the start position.

Kevin1970

Threads
In which case that would point to the solenoid having a dead short
Hard to see from your photos how many wires you have at the base of the solenoid
According to the wiring diagram you should have a 3 pole solenoid
That is 2 heavy ones for the battery & Starter cables and one small ( yellow ) wire to the base which is the trigger wire.
This one should go from 0 to 12V when the key is in the start position.
I have it running again. I can only assume when my starter fried it somehow shorted all my safety switches. All of them had to be replaced. The reason after replacing all of this and then my fuses kept popping was that I put my solenoid ground on same post as the yellow wire not realizing it was a hot wire. So I was shorting out my solenoid. Thanks for everyone’s help.