Ryobi 38 inch electric rider

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Does anyone have one? Other than being a mower, it looks like it would function well as a mobility cart for a handicapped person getting around their place. 8 MPH top speed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
WOW !! 5 in a row, lil content ... Melanie, .. Me thinks your undies are TOO tight !! .. :laughing:

I take it you have already reported this menstrual clot who thinks they can drop 5 nothing post to sneak some advertising links in and no one will notice ?
Must be near internet rating season they are the third one today

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW !! 5 in a row, lil content ... Melanie, .. Me thinks your undies are TOO tight !! .. :laughing:

I think she needs a post writing service. :laughing:

John Fitzgerald

Threads
My OP was not an attempt to advertise. I was only seeking opinions on this new technology. Wife has bad feet, and this looks like a less expensive alternative to an electric ATV. Our place is fairly flat.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
My OP was not an attempt to advertise. I was only seeking opinions on this new technology. Wife has bad feet, and this looks like a less expensive alternative to an electric ATV. Our place is fairly flat.

You're fine. Melanie was just trying to get the required 5 posts before posting advertising links.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And yes John it will probably work quite fine.
I used to do deliveries .
One of these was to a retirement village and when I went around the back there were ride on everywhere.
While dropping off the cases of wine I mentioned to the supervisor that their lawn care contractor needed a good talking to leaving his mowers where people could trip over them.
She let out a roar of a laugh and asked if I had a close look at the mowers ( I didn't ) & if I hung around for 5 minutes I would see what was happening.
So after a very welcome cup of tea ( nice to be treated as a human some times ) there was a roar of engines and a dozen little old men riding their mowers ( many with trailers ) back to their units.
The village is close to the sea so the local mower shop always has good mowers with rusted out decks.
Decks down here are $ 1000 to $ 2000 so he cleans them up & sells them to the residents as default mobility carts.

The supervisor said he was a godsend as he charges $ 500 to $ 1000 for the mowers which always have new mufflers as compared to $ 5000 for a mobility cart.
The mowers never get stuck any where cause the batteries are flat. They don't get owners plugging them in everywhere when they come up for meals so no trip wires all over the ground.
But most important was they mental aspect.
It is my mower that I chose to use and not an invalid cart because I am too old & weak to walk.
And yes they do have the occasional race round the grounds.

Since buying the repair run I have noticed quite a few customers who use their mowers as mobility carts more than as mowers.
I see no reason why the mower would not work well for you apart from the lack of fine manouverability

Pumper54

Threads
WARNING THREAD DRIFT ;-)

Bert, I have a friend in Dallas (Texas) that got tired of sweeping and scrubbing the floors in his large machine shop by hand using a broom and a scrub brush. He said one day he pulled the head off the broom (stiff bristles) and wire tied it to the blade of his push mower. He said he dumped water and soap on the floor and "had at it" said it worked just fine. I told him to try it with a rider or z-turn. Have not heard if he has done so.
Tom

Danchalf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have one? Other than being a mower, it looks like it would function well as a mobility cart for a handicapped person getting around their place. 8 MPH top speed.
I bought the 30 inch Ryobi Electric riding mower and I love it. I have used it to mow for an hour and still had about 40% of battery left. No problems after 10 hrs of use still pretty new. It cuts great and is very easy to drive.