Runs strong before turning rich!

NoID

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, I'm in a pickle. I have a Husqvarna riding mower with an Intek V-twin (model 445677-0759-B1) that had the fuel shutoff solenoid go bad while mowing (It wasn't clicking, I removed it and tested it with a 9V battery). It's a discontinued part that costs upwards of $120 so I pulled the nylon stopper off to bypass the shutoff, put a manual in-line shutoff valve on the fuel line, and put everything back together. Now it starts fine, runs for maybe a minute before bogging down with a VERY rich condition. I took everything back apart and noticed these two little recesses in the fuel transfer tube, and if I recall last time I took this carb apart to address a stuck float bowl there were two little O-rings in there that are now missing, but every parts diagram I look up does not feature anything in that location. So am I chasing ghosts here, is my memory wrong?

The only other thing I can think of is if the needle valve is getting stuck, but it looks fine and when disassembled it all seems to move freely. I guess I could order a new float and needle and see if that helps, but I wanted to close the loop on my phantom O-rings first.

Attachments

• TransferTube.jpg
    TransferTube.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 4

Lawn Addict
Threads
Test the float off the carb, in a cup of liquid to see if it still floats.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads

NoID

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys! Yes, it is a Nikki. I'm still learning my way around these things, thanks for the assist!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Normal there is a large o-ring that keep the jets from falling but it may been removed or is simply stuck on the fuel bowl stud.

As the carburetor repair there is an aftermarket kit on eBay for the 797890 kit. Dirt cheap.

791501 jet is the left side as noted on the carburetor body. It is a 1.13mm (marked as 113).
791502 jet is the right side as noted on the carburetor body. It is a 1.16mm (marked as 116).
May not be marked as some of the jets I have received lately were unmarked so only take one jet out the packages at a time and install correctly.