Runs good then dies.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Let's start at the key switch, on the back of the switch the terminals should be labeled. B= battery. This provides the power. You should have a wire coming from the large terminal on the solenoid which is connected to the + terminal of the battery. S= start. This wire will end up at the small terminal on the solenoid. It will probably go though the safety switches before getting to the solenoid. M= magneto. This wire will end up connected to the kill wire on the coil. This is to stop the engine. G= ground should be easy. L= lights. Start with these.

Budrow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivets
Re: Runs good then dies.

Let's start at the key switch, on the back of the switch the

Excellent! I can tell you that previous owners have done some butchering of the wiring but nothing that can't be corrected. I no longer have "lights" or an "ammeter" nor a "power takeoff" indicator, and don't care about any of those. What I need to know is just the basic wiring required to start and run the engine without any of the bells and whistles. The darned thing worked great until we changed the switch without paying enough attention to what went were with the connections.

THANK YOU.:thumbsup:

Budrow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well still nothing. I have no idea what we are doing wrong. I can't seem to understand the basic basic wiring needed to operate the machine. All I need is the minimal "start-run" circuitry required to operate the mower.:confused2:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What did it do. Did the engine turn over with the starter? If it did, it you check for spark? What did you try after hooking up the switch the way I posted? Were the letter on the back of the switch the same as I posted? What I posted was the basic wiring for 90% of tractors with out safety switches. Have you check each wire you hooked up with a multimeter to make sure you have continuity from one end to the other? Don't know what else to ask, because I can't see the unit.