Rough Cut

Gord Baker

Threads
If you still have it, raise the cutting height and be sure you have equal air pressure in rear tires.

bkeller500

Threads
Just a after thought....you can lower that rear deck roller and perhaps avoid the deck tilting so much while turning. I have the Courier XT model and love the cut.....of coarse it's not the same configuration as yours.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What people tend to forget is no 2 lawns are exactly the same
So what works perfectly for your neighbour may not work for you
It is a case of finding the right mower for your grass & your lifestyle.
Down side is even at dealers very few sales people have the skills to match people to the right mower for them .
And then there is the blades .

AdamE

Threads
Good luck with your new purchase.

The funny thing is, is that when you said "So bad my neighbors have come to the house and commented", all I could think of is that you need new neighbors...?

DKnight65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good luck with your new purchase.

The funny thing is, is that when you said "So bad my neighbors have come to the house and commented", all I could think of is that you need new neighbors...?
They’re very competitive. I think he gets enjoyment out of this. and he’s the one that I taught to adjust the gauge wheels on his lawn tractor so now his lawn looks great. ?‍♂️

DKnight65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a after thought....you can lower that rear deck roller and perhaps avoid the deck tilting so much while turning. I have the Courier XT model and love the cut.....of coarse it's not the same configuration as yours.
I did try that. It helped but didn’t solve the issue. I lowered them through each position until they were literally supporting the deck and still got the dreaded lines.
Glad your mower works great. Im not attacking Simplicity as a whole, but they really screwed up with this one.
have a great weekend!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What kind of grass do you have?

How level is the yard? Larger decks require a pretty flat yard. For the most part, the wider the deck the poorer the cut.

Is this a manicured yard or a required 4x4 truck farm pasture?

3" HOC is pretty tall. Is this Fescue or some cool season required tall cut grass?

How large is the yard? Think I heard you have a push mower?? So it can't be that big? If so, wondering why you bought some huge 0-turn?? Trying to keep up with the Joneses?

How does the yard look using a push mower? I would buy another pusher for the wife and kids if you have those EXPENSIVE items. It's sooo romantic at my house. Have his and hers push mowers LOL. Great exercise for the entire family.

I would go to a dealer and ask for a demo mower. Try it on your lawn BEFORE buying anything.

bkeller500

Threads
I have heard some very good stories about the Toro 30" walk behind. I think it's 2 blades. I think it called the TimeMaster. It might have been an option for you at one time. Any way it sounds like you resolved your problem but don't kick yourself too much. Many of us have purchased mowers and have regretted the experience.