Rotary ball carburetors

jeruss

Threads
Hi, Guys. Has anyone had any success in rebuilding the two-stroke rotary ball carburetors by Zama used on Echo's products. Is it a better decision to just buy another carb. I just know that if I buy a rebuilt kit nothing will change, and then I will have to still buy another carb. I have seen those carbs rebuilt but to no avail in the past. The fuel pump diaphragm, one way valve flaps, and metering diaphragm all seem in good shape, but the carb is not delivering sufficient fuel after I soaked the body in carb cleaner. Prior to cleaning it, the carb was flooding. I appreciate your comments.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What I am seeing a lot of with the newer primer carbed units is when you take the carb apart to clean it they stick the check valves and they won't prime after rebuild. No prime, no start and you still replace the carb afterwards. That is the reason that most repair shops have just started replacing instead of repair on carbs.

sawman024

Threads
I also have tried cleaning and replacing diaphrams and the success rate is low.Also check the fuel filter in the tank.If it's a felt style it could crystalize or glaze over and not allow enough fuel.