Rocker arm stud hole stripped?

cbr7380

Threads
Hey so I have a 18.5 hp Intek Briggs Stratton on a Husqvarna mower and the hole that the rocker arm stud bolts into seems stripped out? The threads feels good at first but towards the end of the bolt it just keeps turning and won't catch threads..What can I do about it? I tried my tapping tool but couldn't rethread it? Thanks in advance

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The inserts and tools to install can get expensive, depending on the type of insert. If I were in your shoes and not my shop, with my knowledge, I would recommend you find a local machine ship or auto mechanic you trust and take the head and stud to them. They will have the tools and inserts to do the job. Will be cheaper in the long run, as it is not that difficult to ruin the head if done wrong.

cbr7380

Threads
The inserts and tools to install can get expensive, depending on the type of insert. If I were in your shoes and not my shop, with my knowledge, I would recommend you find a local machine ship or auto mechanic you trust and take the head and stud to them. They will have the tools and inserts to do the job. Will be cheaper in the long run, as it is not that difficult to ruin the head if done wrong.
well the head is still on the engine in my mower

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will have to decide how you want to proceed.