Robotic Mower for a Cemetery

slopoke2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am interested in trying a robotic mower for a cemetery and am trying to find someone who has tried one and find out if it was satisfactory.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome, I don't think the residents there will mind.. (sorry, couldn't resist that)..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it doesn't hit a big piece of rock. Me neither.

But I wonder how long until someone takes off with the mower. Nothing is safe these days, not even in a cemetery. And grave decorations might really take a beating.

NorthBama

Threads
If it doesn't hit a big piece of rock. Me neither.

But I wonder how long until someone takes off with the mower. Nothing is safe these days, not even in a cemetery. And grave decorations might really take a beating.
Some of the newer ones have GPS tracking. Seems like to me would be a lot of cable laying around all the markers. The ones i have seen in operation have small lawns and cable run around the borders of the lawn about 2 inches under turf.

Bob E

Threads
I don't know. Seems like a liability waiting to happen...

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
interesting, first, as soon as potential thieves learn that the mowers have security features that make them very difficult to re-use, they will not be much of a target for theft. They beep if picked up and can't be re-started without a PIN or w'ever. Stealing metal urns/flower vases is probably easier - particularly if the robot mowers are on a timer to run at night.

The new iRobot Terra could be a good item since it doesn't need buried cables. I dunno if they can be deployed as a 'team' - so, a large cemetery may be too much area for one mower?

You should contact iRobot - they may be interested in using your situation for a 'test bed' .

Lawn Addict
Threads
yep.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
An electric powered robotic mower isn't going to have enough charge to mow the tiniest of cemeteries. Unless it's a two-grave family plot.