Robot vacuum cleaners

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I got one. It was on sale at walmart for like $50, delivered. It's supposed to sweep and mop. And it maps out the area on it's own.

Anyone else have one?

So far so good. My phone is attached to it so I can see it's mapping out the place pretty good. I need to find a better place to dock. The cats room was perfect, except for the little hump between the door frame, it couldn't get over. So I docked it in the kitchen. I ain't seeing anything in the manuals about it vacuuming carpet. I hope it does carpet.

It's kind of funny when it goes to dock & recharge. It'll get right in front of the dock, stop and turn. Drive off a foot or so. Then try again. I swear it takes it a couple of minutes to hit the dock just right.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update, after the first hour.

It sweeps just enough for the floor to look like it doesn't need sweeping. If that makes any sense.
It looks like it's lost half the time. And the one thing that drives me nuts, is instead of going all the way down the hall, it'll go to one wall, then back to the other, side to side for the entire length of both my hallways. Maybe that's just part of the mapping and it'll start going from end to end, instead of side to side.
When it was time to charge, it got lost in my bedroom and finally said to heck with it. So I had to take it back to the dock (on the other end of the house.
At one point, I traveled down the hall, and at one point, you can see the kitchen, where the dock was. (But not the dock). Then it turned around and went back to the bedroom and gave up. So I was like "Ok little buddy. I'll help you out this one time. But from now on, you're going to have to make your way home by yourself." Then I realized I was talking to a robot vacuum.

I did a youtube search of the best RV's (robot vacuums). Holy smokes, those suckers are upwards of $1700. And didn't do a very good job. Leaving a lot of the stuff the guy put in the carpet and on the flooring.

But for $50, I think it's worth it, just to keep the floors in the whole house tidy. I'll still break out the Kirby. Just maybe not as much.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try the mopping function.

P.S. Cleaning out the filters and the bin was pretty easy.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Watching the cat & this thing is almost worth the $50.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wife has a robot and her name is Alice . Well Alice hasn't worked very well since i kicked the hell outta her for following me around .
The last night at bed-time i heard Alice in the spare bedroom . She went under the bed and couldn't find her way out . I finally rescued Alice , didn't know 1 thing about her so i turned her upside down to shut her up and that took care of that .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wife has a robot and her name is Alice . Well Alice hasn't worked very well since i kicked the hell outta her for following me around .
The last night at bed-time i heard Alice in the spare bedroom . She went under the bed and couldn't find her way out . I finally rescued Alice , didn't know 1 thing about her so i turned her upside down to shut her up and that took care of that .
How did the wife take you abusing her helper?

I was shocked that this thing picked up so much stuff. I've had to dump dirt bin twice. Of course the bin doesn't hold much more than about 2 hand fulls. But I'm glad to see it's picking up stuff.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How did the wife take you abusing her helper?
I don't know , wife was asleep and i had turned Alice up-sidedown and she stopped mouthing off at me . I set Alice on wife's bedroom floor with feet up and Alice was at the station the next A M .