Roaches in Mulch? Help!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mulch that you buy at Big Box stores is likely to have any number of invasive species in the bags.
We never had Geckos at our house until my wife bought bagged mulch from Lowe’s.
If you want something like mulch, buy pine straw or hay locally.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I recently came across this thread and wanted to share my experience with a similar pest problem. I had a serious issue with pests in my own home, and it was really stressful trying to find a solution. However, I was lucky enough to discover a great pest control service that helped me solve my problem.
Most pest controllers are the cause of infestations, not the solution
Pests become a problem because what ever controls their numbers is missing
So the controllers posion the bigs and the few remaining preditors eat the posioned bugs and they die
So initially the bugs vanish then in a short time they come back worse than ever so you call the pest controllers again.

To use an example
We have a very dangerous spider called the Funnel Web which is common right along the entire East coast .
It is a ground living spider and was conrolled in nature by small mammals, large lizzards & running birds like bower birds & brush turkeys.
Then we build houses and dring in dogs & cats who wipe out / scare off all of the spiders natural preditors .
However keeping hens was common & the hens did a reasonable job of cleaning up the spiders because we have removed a lot of their food source as well.
Then the rich subburbs banned the keeping of hens and suddenly we had a problem called "the North Shore Funnel Web Spider Plague "
The north shore of the harbour being the wealthy area .
Millions was spent on trying to fix this problem before it became obvious that we were the problem, not the spiders .
The rich developed the habbit of installing white carpet so shoes had to be removed and many left them in racks either outside or just inside the doors .
During mating seasons the males go a sex rampage then look for some where cool , moist and dark to die ( the shoes ) and most people were being bitten when they put their shoes on or when gardening with bare hands .
I was 20 before I realized that those funny webs I saw everywhere at home were funnel web spider nests , but we had hens and lino floor covering.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mulch that you buy at Big Box stores is likely to have any number of invasive species in the bags.
We never had Geckos at our house until my wife bought bagged mulch from Lowe’s.
If you want something like mulch, buy pine straw or hay locally.
I doubt that the gekko eggs came in with the mulch if it was bagged
They could have come in with bulk mulch delivered by a tip truck
Cockroaces yes they can coe in bagged mulch
More likely was there used to be gekkos before the house was built & gardens laid out so they lost their habitat or food supply so they left

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope, there were no Geckos before my wife bought the mulch. I'm glad that we sold that house. Thankfully, we didn't bring any with us to our new home. She's also forbidden from buying mulch from Big Box stores.