Riding mower.

Thanks RDA. Just saw an article about Sears on Yahoo. I think most people forgot about Sears, long ago. They did make good tools and had a good guarantee.
 
Thanks again Jack. I found a Craftsman 42" 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Fast Auto TurnTight Model 25581 at a sears outlet about 35 mi. from me. The site had several craftsman mowers. This one is a floor model with a few dents. They showed pictures, and it's got a two yr. warranty. What is the rep for this mower, if y'all know? With the delivery charges, mower, and taxes, it will probably be about $1200. I'm mostly interested in the reputation of the mower. Thanks.
 
If unchanged Sears is going under...no doubt! Maybe Trump's tax cuts will revive it?
Craftsman brand rider is ether gonna be made by an MTD (code 247.xxxxxx) or AYP/Husqvarna (code 917.xxxxxx) and you'll always be able to cross-reference OEM parts if needed. I've got an LT1000 that is 20 years old and parts for it are plentiful!
 
I found a Craftsman 42" 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Fast Auto TurnTight Model 25581 at a sears outlet about 35 mi. from me.

Ok, that there mower you've found is a product of Husqvarna model 917.255810 and because of the GENTRANS TRANSAXLE they've put on it I would NOT buy.
Not a big fan of vari-mech transmissions. If I were you I'd look for a single piston engine, foot operated with cruise control hydro-gear transmission.
 
I think I'm going with a rear engine mower. Now, it's a matter of brand and price. I'd rather use a push mower, but the heat, size of my lot, and my age is making it necessary to go with a riding one.
 
watch craigs list for a top teir used rider then plan to put money into it, that way you get a great platform in your budget and you have the planned money to make it reliable, i see awesome mowers all time down here that need 500 buck put into them to make a like new 3,500 mower. often over looked are the stand behind commercial mowers with stand on dolly like a dixie chopper or hustler, i see them cheap with high hours, they have huge decks and mow sweet at high speed and turn on a dime.
 
Back
Top