riding mower weedeater one

c5ab

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi battery fully charged and wont start whats next? what are my other options

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am guessing by not starting you mean the starter is not spinning the engine. My first rule for a repair like this is always isolate engine from chassis. This will give you a idea what to look for, starter system or safety switch.

Gramps101

Threads
I am guessing by not starting you mean the starter is not spinning the engine. My first rule for a repair like this is always isolate engine from chassis. This will give you a idea what to look for, starter system or safety switch.

This mower is a tricky one. First you must be seated on the chair and press down brake while turning ignition switch. A good thorouhg read of your manual might give the clue. If tour brake pedal is loose, you might check the brake cable is not disengaging the micro switch or broken.

another clue ,might me to start mower the manual way by pulling the rope.

Gramps101

Threads
This mower is a tricky one. First you must be seated on the chair and press down brake while turning ignition switch. A good thorouhg read of your manual might give the clue. If tour brake pedal is loose, you might check the brake cable is not disengaging the micro switch or broken.

another clue ,might me to start mower the manual way by pulling the rope.

If the mower does not start manually, then your 40amp fuse is open or burnt.

Mom

Forum Newbie
Threads
riding mower weedeater one Doesn't go forward

Just replace the belt and engages to cut grass. Put it in gear and made four rounds around the yard before it slowed down to a crawl and won't go forward. Got off the seat and walked beside the machine back to the garage. Is there a drive gear that is not engaging correctly?

Gramps101

Threads
Re: riding mower weedeater one Doesn't go forward

Just replace the belt and engages to cut grass. Put it in gear and made four rounds around the yard before it slowed down to a crawl and won't go forward. Got off the seat and walked beside the machine back to the garage. Is there a drive gear that is not engaging correctly?

You said that you walked the machine back to garage, then if you didn't have to disengage the freewheel control (see pg 14 of your manual), then I
believe the spring which holds the friction plate up is missing. This is key no. 21 on pg 33. they call it a spring carrier.

Mom

Forum Newbie
Threads
riding mower weedeater one Doesn't go forward: spring replacement

Success. It confused me looking at the diagram for a bit. The spring was very accessible after rear plate was removed. Thanks for your assistance! Lawn is mowed.

I don't have a manual...I think I found it on the diagram and I bought a spring similar to this. WIll try it tomorrow....how do you reach into connect this and see what you are doing?! WIll be interesting. THanks!!!

You said that you walked the machine back to garage, then if you didn't have to disengage the freewheel control (see pg 14 of your manual), then I
believe the spring which holds the friction plate up is missing. This is key no. 21 on pg 33. they call it a spring carrier.

Last edited:

sobolious

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: riding mower weedeater one Doesn't go forward: spring replacement

Success. It confused me looking at the diagram for a bit. The spring was very accessible after rear plate was removed. Thanks for your assistance! Lawn is mowed.

I don't have a manual...I think I found it on the diagram and I bought a spring similar to this. WIll try it tomorrow....how do you reach into connect this and see what you are doing?! WIll be interesting. THanks!!!

Did you manage to install it? I took mine apart to replace the friction wheel 2 years ago and I don't remember how to get it back together now. That's the only piece left in the puzzle for me to attempt to start it. If I saw a picture of what it looks like I would be good. I searched high and low and cant find a picture with it assembled. I know where one end (the top) of the spring goes but I have not clue where the next end goes. If its not too much work could you take a picture of yours and email it to me @ sobolious@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

sobolious

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: riding mower weedeater one Doesn't go forward

I took mine apart to replace the friction wheel 2 years ago and I don't remember how to get it back together now. That's the only piece left in the puzzle for me to attempt to start it. If I saw a picture of what it looks like I would be good. I searched high and low and cant find a picture with it assembled. I know where one end (the top) of the spring goes but I have not clue where the next end goes. If its not too much work could you take a picture of yours and email it to me @ sobolious@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it. Thanks