Riding Mower Parts ID Needed Plz

Shawn R.

Threads
So, I have this old 42" Craftsman riding mower and as I was cutting the yard today, some parts fell off from the bottom. I have no idea where these parts go or their function, so I was hoping someone here could tell me. Usually when I have any problems with this mower, I take it to the guy who fixes them. Here are pictures of the mower and the parts that fell off:

Mower.jpg
Fallen Off Parts.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
post model number from under seat starting with 917

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model/4ukdux54zg-000247

is your tractor functioning properly? if not i would remove deck & start looking for missing parts. i would inspect all deck parts belts, pulleys, mandrels, blades, bearings, etc. those parts are awful rusty maybe came off another piece of equipment. let us know how it goes, thanks. while deck is off inspect transmission drive belt & idler pulleys, etc.

Last edited:

Shawn R.

Threads
Model # - 917.271632

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those parts are used to adjust the height and levelness of the deck. They look like they came from a Toro tractor, not Craftsman, as your tractor is green/black and the parts are red. Someone may have tried to use them on your unit. If they did the adjuster is located on the left side of the unit and you need to look for missing pieces on the hanger used to raise and lower the deck.

Shawn R.

Threads
Ok. That explains why it was cutting the grass unevenly. Though I am still able to raise and lower the blade part. If this is something I can fix myself then I will. I see no point in taking it to the guy who fixes them and having him charge me $100 for a job I could've done myself. Thanks for getting back to me.

Shawn R.

Threads
Those parts are used to adjust the height and levelness of the deck. They look like they came from a Toro tractor, not Craftsman, as your tractor is green/black and the parts are red. Someone may have tried to use them on your unit. If they did the adjuster is located on the left side of the unit and you need to look for missing pieces on the hanger used to raise and lower the deck.

I just realized that these parts are actually green but they've rusted over so they look red. I can still see the green paint on these. I looked all over the hanger on the left side but cannot find where these parts came from. Everything looks to be intact to me. I guess I should get my cousin to help me look this unit over.