riding mower bogs down when trying to put in reverse and stalls out

Zedo

Threads
  • / riding mower bogs down when trying to put in reverse and stalls out
Got a Craftsman Riding mower 22 HP Kohler 42 " Model # 917.986410 , s/n 022614A002537 ( 2014 ) model ) Every time I try to get it in reverse it bogs down and wants to stall. Nothing else is wrong with the mower
goes forward fine and has power. Just started doing that a days few ago. It's a hydo and I replaced the start switch before the last cutting on it cause it was bad, ( had hard time turning to the right to start that's all I did, New switch fit in and hook up was easy. I need it in hydo position cause I have some small hills to climb. Any advice ? No other past problems with the mower.
Thanks in advance !

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know you mean by putting it in hydro mode as the mower you gave the model of has a General Transmissions CVT transaxle.

Now you do have a reverse safety switch. And you must use the correct ignition switch PN 532193350 (Delta 6900-49P)

Last edited:

Zedo

Threads
Don't know you by putting it in hydro mode as the mower you gave the model of has a General Transmissions CVT transaxle.

Now you do have a reverse safety switch. And you must use the correct ignition switch PN 532193350 (Delta 6900-49P)
Sorry, I'm a new member of this forum and didnt know how to go about putting up a post, my apology, I bought a new switch from Amazon since I didnt have a part number to go by, just that I need a 7 prong switch with looked like mine. Thank you
PS other than Amazon I dont know where to buy the part number of the switch that you gave me, but much appreciated it. Guess I got a generic switch and assumed it was the correct switch. Here is the one I bought ... https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-Cr...cphy=9005893&hvtargid=pla-1749383733100&psc=1

Last edited: