Reviews of Kubota BX2200

lobshot88

Forum Newbie
Threads
So now I am looking at a bx2200 with a 60" deck and LA2011 FEL along with a few other attachments (carry all, box blade, lifting boom, and a potato plow that doesn't have a blade) with 571 hours listed for $11,000 by private sale.

I have 4 acres of grass on low to moderate slopes with about 30 trees and 5 acres of trees and overgrown bush.

Seems like a good deal, but what are your thoughts? Durability? Stability on my hills? Attachments worthwhile? Quality versus other brands? Price?

Looking forward to your reviews.

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I my area that price would be great. I would check with the seller who does the servicing for him and then check with them to see if there were any out of the ordinary work done on the unit. With that many hours, ask when then hydro fluid was changed last, and check the condition of the hoses. Also, check the condition of the mower, blades, spindle shafts, and build up underneath. If there is a lot of buildup, would tell me owner may not be into proper maintenance. Stability is good, durability is good, attachments are worthwhile if you are going to use them. If everything looks good and service has been done according to schedule, it probably is a good deal.

Jimmyjo

Threads
So now I am looking at a bx2200 with a 60" deck and LA2011 FEL along with a few other attachments (carry all, box blade, lifting boom, and a potato plow that doesn't have a blade) with 571 hours listed for $11,000 by private sale.

I have 4 acres of grass on low to moderate slopes with about 30 trees and 5 acres of trees and overgrown bush.

Seems like a good deal, but what are your thoughts? Durability? Stability on my hills? Attachments worthwhile? Quality versus other brands? Price?

Looking forward to your reviews.

Thanks
> I mow about four acres with a Kubota BX2360 with a 60 inch deck. It's a great machine and mows better and faster than the 72inch 3pt mower it replaced. Four years ago I purchased the BX2360 with the 60inch mower.loader,front mount snowblower,ballest box and rear wieghts for just over 14k. For me 11k would be to much for that tractor and equipment. Price a new one first and then consider your options. Kubota often has 0% financing and a three year warranty. I admit that I don't like used equipment becouse it sometimes ends up costing more than new in the end.

lobshot88

Forum Newbie
Threads
After reading JimmJo's reply, I continued to search for a better deal and I think I have found it. And as suggested earlier by a regular on this site, I am going to ask if there is anyone in the forum who would be willing to take a quick look at a Kubota for me in Maryville, TN.

I don't think it's a too-good-to-be-true deal, but it will be a long distance transaction. I have no way of verifying the condition of the tractor although the dealer says its in great shape. If it is, I want to buy it asap and make arrangements to have it shipped to me. Dealer doesn't ship.

Anyone willing to help by visiting the dealer and having a look at this machine can email me at dfrezza@aol.com.