Retired, or still on the treadmill?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anybody want to tell the others what they did for a living, or what you do while still slaving away? I've been retired for 8 years now, for 32 I worked as the lead carpenter/warehouseman/truck driver/maintenance mechanic/jack of all trades for a large government agency. Still miss my job sometimes, never did the same thing two days in a row, might have been BS one day and more BS the next day, but it was always DIFFERENT BS so I never got bored. :smile:

grnspot110

Threads
I spent 29 years on a small town paid (& combination) Fire Dept.), been retired 5 years now. Every time I drive by the station anymore I think "damn, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore)!!!

I keep plenty busy with my own projects now! :biggrin: ~~ grnspot110

Mean Machine

Threads
I'm retired military---22 years in the Navy as a heavy equipment operator. I've been working for the county for 3 years now in the Building and Maintenance Department. At this point, part-time would be great.

173abn

Threads
I'm retired from the V.A. ,worked there for 34yrs on an acute psych admitting unit.Don't miss it at all.Before that sorted cans for DelMontes, 3yrs in the army.before that made donughts,worked in a greenhouse,caddied golfbags,pulled weeds for little old ladies. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I spent 29 years on a small town paid (& combination) Fire Dept.), been retired 5 years now. Every time I drive by the station anymore I think "damn, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore)!!!

I keep plenty busy with my own projects now! :biggrin: ~~ grnspot110

You took the words right out of my mouth...I have so much to do now with my own projects I keep asking myself, "how did I ever manage to work full time and get anything done for ME?"

carl22

Threads
I drove for Greyhound for 22 years before I had a really bad accident (in my personal car). Now I'm disabled for the most part, but I still work part time at a local tobacco store. I don't miss driving buses at all.

monica123

Threads
I did 12 years as a civil servant, I have since messed up my back and I am awaiting retraining or a pension, it's not real nice outlook when you are only 31 years old.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Retired 2 years now, spent over 30 years as an auto worker, the last 14 as an Industrial Electrician.

Harriet

Threads
Well, both actually. I've been officially retired for ten years now. I worked for the school district for 27 years as a librarian. My treadmill is in my basement and I do a mile and a half everyday!

adan

Threads
Technically I'm still on the treadmill. But I've been doing some real estate investing these days. Gotta do something different to attain different results. Thanks to this guy named Robert Kiyosaki, my frame of mind has never been the same. I take more risks now. Soon, I'll retire, earlier than anyone else where I am. Mowing would be one of my favorite pastimes.