Rescued 10323

Rudedog

Threads
I talked about this mower a little bit in the intro thread. I picked this 21" self propelled (which doesn't work) one for free on Saturday afternoon. People wanted $30 for it on Craigs. I was happy to give it just to get my foot in the door with something that already starts and I could tinker with. Well.... I pull on the starter and it shoot a bunch of raw fuel about 18" out of the exhaust and starts right up. As its running it is still running a little raw fuel out of the exhaust and smoking a little. I shut her down and the women says on second thought would you just take it for free so I don't have to dump it. I was happy to oblige. Today I cleaned out all of the old fuel and added some mix that I had in my truck that was Stihl 50:1 synthetic. Got her started and she runs pretty good. I did all of the trim work with it in the yard before I bring out the Wheel Horse 8-25. I ran it a total of 20 minutes and it seemed to grow stronger and does not smoke in the least. It does miss a little but I have yet to truly clean the carb or even check the spark plug.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0234 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0234 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0236 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0236 (Small).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 62

Fireman 123

Threads
Cool beans. Don't forget to add that in-line shutoff and you shouldn't have the raw fuel issues after doing do.

Rudedog

Threads
Checked my plug today. NGK BPMR4A gaped at .35. Does anybody know what the ID/OD of the fuel line is? I was just going to use some Tygon but I can't find those numbers. I don't think the firing end looks too bad but the metal shell is a rust bucket.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0048 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0048 (Small).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0049 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0049 (Small).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 53

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Checked my plug today. NGK BPMR4A gaped at .35. Does anybody know what the ID/OD of the fuel line is? I was just going to use some Tygon but I can't find those numbers. I don't think the firing end looks too bad but the metal shell is a rust bucket.

I've never had a 10323 but I think the fuel line would be the same as on all the other LBs I've dealt with: 1/4" inside diameter (outside diameter doesn't matter). It's a pretty standard, generic item.

I wouldn't worry about a little rust on the outside of a spark plug.

Rudedog

Threads
I've never had a 10323 but I think the fuel line would be the same as on all the other LBs I've dealt with: 1/4" inside diameter (outside diameter doesn't matter). It's a pretty standard, generic item.

I wouldn't worry about a little rust on the outside of a spark plug.

Thanks! Now on to find a fuel shut of valve.

Rudedog

Threads
Cut-off Valve 1/4"

Here's a related item that I routinely install (better than original LB fuel filter):
Fuel Filter 1/4"

Also, it you work on these mowers a lot, like I do, it makes sense to buy fuel line by the 25' or 50' roll.

TOUCHDOWN! Thanks for the order info. I do not work on them like you do but the local NAPA carries several sizes of Tygon at a good price per foot.

Last edited:

Rudedog

Threads
I ordered 3 of the Cut-off Valve 1/4" and 5 of the Fuel Filter 1/4". I am anticipating a larger collection and they were cheap.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
NAPA dealers probably have the other items that I mentioned -- or they can order them. All those things are generic -- common to mowers and other small engines that use 1/4" fuel line.

Edit: I'm officially a "mower addict" now but I've been doing better recently... not buying every two-stroke Lawn-Boy that I can find.