replacing front seal on hydro pump?

bubba827

Threads
I took my mower to local grasshopper shop and asked the service guy about a leak I have noticed coming from the left hydro pump. I thought that maybe it was from 1 of the hoses, but he told me it was from a seal in front of pump right behind the fan blade. I started breaking it down today but the sun went down before I could finish, my main question here is their seems to be a roller in a slot where the control arm goes back and forward, can I just pull pump straight out of that slot when i disconnect all the bolts and hoses?
:confused2:

bubba827

Threads
hey guys maybe I should ask my question a different way....is there a site that gives some instructions on how to replace a pump?

173abn

Threads
I've looked at my manual and can't give you a defentive answer.It shows tractor assembly,drive assembly,drive linkage assembly and steering assembly but all seperate from one another.there used to be a guy on here that was a grasshopper mechanic but I can't remember his name.maybe if you go back through these threads or if I get time I'll look through them he might have an e-mail in which to ask him.If nothing else you could give Grasshopper a call,I've got the number.Or just go ahead and give it a try and see what happens.by the way did you get your deck problem resolved?...russ

bubba827

Threads
oh ok thanks that would be great....and no the deck problem is still there :thumbdown: