Replacement engine for older Lazerz HP

Handysmurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cool! What did you do about the muffler?

Old muffler fitted just fine. Had to reface the flange on the left side, as previous engine was leaking from left
exhaust port.

Also needed to order a longer belt. Since the mod, the tension spring broke - have a new one on order.
Belt ordered was Stens 265-060 (Exmark 103-4014). Hoping that will work. Problem is the new clutch is a bit bigger than the old one. Thus the blades will turn faster.

So now I have a Frankenstein machine of sorts. Upgraded the fuel tanks... the left one was leaking - actually it was cracked.
(In the first place I bought the machine from a less than scrupulous mower shop near Bartow, FL. Jim the mower man - stay away. It appeared fine - I should have looked more carefully. The old motor wouldn't burn oil when it was really low on oil. Caveat Emptor...)
Found a good deal on Ebay for new fuel tank - but new style. But then the right tank looked weird so had to find another used unit on Ebay to match.

So now I have a 1997 unit 60" cut with ultra deck - 2006 style tanks and motor. Mower shop is of no use. Neither as other commenters have said is Exmark or Kohler. I used OPE engines.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.JPG
    IMG_4862.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4861.JPG
    IMG_4861.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 10

Handysmurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Replacement engine for older Lazerz HP - Working out the bugs

Well ordering a belt from Amazon was too easy. So if anyone is following my footsteps, it turns out one needs 113" x 5/8 belt. I ended up getting a
Husquvarna part number 522999901 (In stock at my local tractor shop) but Stens makes belts for half the price. The belt I specified previously was 116 inches and turned out to be too long. Anyways after installing the new belt and a new tension spring, I was back in business.:smile: