Replacement Carb for Briggs & Stratton 400cc 11HP Engine

Franken-Roper

Threads
  • / Replacement Carb for Briggs & Stratton 400cc 11HP Engine
Does anyone know if there is an after market carb for the Briggs 400 CC 11HP Engine? Preferbly something that does not have a float bowl. I am using a Rall Roper as a trail rider and the float bowl does not like the bouncing of the trail and the motor spits and sputters as I am going up the trail in 5th gear. 1st and second gear are fine because the Roper creeps at a snail pace but 3rd, 4th, 5th gears are faster and makes the mower bounce and sputters. If there is no carb any one know of a remedey to fix this. I got a parted out 14.5 HP Brigss with electric bowl will that work on the 11 HP motor?

Franken-Roper

Threads
Also one more question. During adjustment of my curent carb at full power it runs smooth as glass at Idle speed it spits and sputters and so I tighten the adjuster screw and it smooths out and then I go back to full power and it sputters so I cant seem to find the sweet spot for it. Any help would be appreciated:anyone:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First of all, to my limited knowledge there are no after market carbs for Briggs engines. Secondly, Briggs makes about five different series of 11hp engines. If you post your engine numbers we should be able to help, but without them we're stuck also.

Franken-Roper

Threads
Thanks for the reply, here are the numbers on my 11 HP 400 cc Engine.

Model 252707
Type 0672-01
Code 85022711

Thanks for all the help and I hope to get lots more help on my projects as I go along.:thumbsup:

Franken-Roper

Threads
PDF files dont work on my system, is there another way to look at this manual without the pdf setup? Thanks for helping.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
PDF files dont work on my system, is there another way to look at this manual without the pdf setup? Thanks for helping.

Are you saying you don't have ADOBE ACROBAT on your PC...?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this the carb that you have.?

Attachments

• B&S Carb 252707.png
    B&S Carb 252707.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 11

Franken-Roper

Threads
Thanks for the reply to answer your questions I have no clue what Adobe Acrobat is as I am no computer whiz hahaha!

And yes the picture you posted is exactly what my carb is. I was wanting to replace it with anothe carb that does not have a float bowl. The trail I ride on is bumby and rattles the Roper and the float bowl does not like it and thus spits and sputters.

Also the carb has an issue when adjusting it I have yet to discover the sweet spot for smooth running when at full throttle and when at Idle. If I adjust it to run smooth at Idle it will spit and sputter at full throttle and when at full throttle and adjusted to run smooth it spits and sputters at Idle. Is there a way to hit the in between to run smooth at full throttle and at Idle?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I said earlier, there is no other carb that is going to solve your problem. My suggestion is to remove the carb, have it ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt.