Replaced deck belt, but now the deck starts with the engine.

Hustler27

Threads
  • / Replaced deck belt, but now the deck starts with the engine.
Looking for some help figuring out why my mower deck is coming on when I start my engine. My deck belt blew up the last time I was mowing, so I just installed the new belt that arrived in the mail, but now when I start up my engine, the mower deck spins as well. Obviously the engine should start, and then there is a lever to engage the mower deck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hustler27

Threads
Took the belt all of the way off. Started it up without the belt on. Installed belt again. Same result. When I use the lever that engages and disengages the mower deck (or should) it still tells the engine it can't start with it already engaged. I have to have it disengaged to start the engine, so it must be doing something.

Hustler27

Threads
Any way for me to double check they sent me the correct belt?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK.
You know what mower you have
You have been looking at it a lot closer than you probably ever wanted to
WE on the other hand only know you have a yellow mower that is not working as it should
If we knew the model & serial number of your yellow mower hen we could look up the parts book to find the belt number than a cross reference chart to get the belt length, & profile
And of course the deck size would also have been handy because some models can have several different deck sizes and bigger decks tend to have longer belts but as the only thing we know is your mower is yellow then the answer for now is
No

Hustler27

Threads
OK.
You know what mower you have
You have been looking at it a lot closer than you probably ever wanted to
WE on the other hand only know you have a yellow mower that is not working as it should
If we knew the model & serial number of your yellow mower hen we could look up the parts book to find the belt number than a cross reference chart to get the belt length, & profile
And of course the deck size would also have been handy because some models can have several different deck sizes and bigger decks tend to have longer belts but as the only thing we know is your mower is yellow then the answer for now is
No
Sorry. Started a new thread so the title was appropriate, but to answer quickly.

Hustler Rapter 52"
Model - 931899
Serial - 12101688
Ordered online. Was sent a digital copy of the owner's manual. Manual sent said belt was part 791988. https://www.hustlerlawnmowerparts.com/791988-Hustler-Deck-Belt/