replaced clutch cable

Terrier

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced the clutch cable on my 42 in craftsman mower. It all seemed to go back together fine, except now when I try to engage the mower the pully won't pull down to the belt. In fact the pulley won't move at all even if I try to move it by hand. The only way it will move is if I losen the bolt holding the bracket to the mower deck. Not sure if I put it together wrong or what???? Is there a picture available somewhere of how it should look????

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I have answered many times before, please post the model numbers of your unit. There are more than ???? number of units out there and we don't know which one you have. Can't help you until we see the unit in our minds.

Terrier

Forum Newbie
Threads
As I have answered many times before, please post the model numbers of your unit. There are more than ???? number of units out there and we don't know which one you have. Can't help you until we see the unit in our minds.

Tractor model number 917.271131 Doesn't seem to be a mower deck number.

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to Sears website. In the PARTS DIRECT you will find an exploded view of your deck. It should be able to help you.