Repair,Restore, Part out?...Part 5

dfbroxy

Threads
So, where were we? Update on the compression. Good news, Hooked up a battery to mower and turned it over and compression felt fine. Will check later with a guage anyway. Next up is the deck jackshaft assembly. Some of the parts for it are hard to come by so I have decided to update to a newer version that is sold as one kit already assembled. It also looks a lot more durable. So I have a question for you guys that are reading and know more than me. I found two models for the lazor z newer than mine that will bolt up perfectly, but one of them has a double jackshaft (drive belt pulley) with two grooves approx same size and the other one has the top noticeably smaller. Which one should I get? The one that is smaller is$300 the other $400. I dont think it matters because It needs new belts anyway, but I want it to be close to origional. So I did all that today, Then went to the dollar store and got some fingernail polish remover, took the carb completly apart, removed all rubber o rings and gaskets and let it soak all day. Then with a needle and pen cleaned all crooks, creveces , and pin holes. Very careful not to damage any jets. Reassembly came next, except for accelerator pump. Still waiting on that part. Went out again to mower to tinker again. Need all new fuel lines, filter, Gas tanks need to be removed for a extensive cleaning. Deck needs to be removed so that repairs can be made. So at this point I think I have at least decided to at least repair this mower becaues its too well built to part out. I think I would make more profit and less work to part out but that would be ashamed and not as fun for me. And who knows, I may start a collection.