Removing the cowling on a Husqvarna LC121P Walkbehind

blvlboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Removing the cowling on a Husqvarna LC121P Walkbehind
I'm trying to diagnose a non-starting engine and need to get at the carb etc. under the cowling but I can't for the life of me get that off. I've removed the two obvious torx screws up top which frees that section up but there is still something catching at the front by the muffler and I can't figure it out. It's just a plastic cowling so I don't want to snap it. I'm wondering if the front just snaps off but can't see where it connects because it's so tight.

Any ideas?

Luffydog

Threads
Have to post the engine numbers

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm trying to diagnose a non-starting engine and need to get at the carb etc. under the cowling but I can't for the life of me get that off. I've removed the two obvious torx screws up top which frees that section up but there is still something catching at the front by the muffler and I can't figure it out. It's just a plastic cowling so I don't want to snap it. I'm wondering if the front just snaps off but can't see where it connects because it's so tight.

Any ideas?

lawn mower repair 101.
Go to the Husqvarna web site and download the parts book.
If the engine is not there as a break down, go to the engine makers site and get their parts book as well.

You are right to be cautious, a lot of covers use tabs that are easy to break off.

blvlboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I finally had a moment to take a look again yesterday and it ended up to be a plastic tab hidden underneath the front of the top plastic 'vanity' cover. Had to put it up on a bench to look under and see where it was stuck and took a little more force to pull it off than I thought it might.

rwig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the t-25 torx screws then lift the back end of the cowl .Next push the front of the cowl back towards the lawnmower handle. The model number is located on the engine block near the oil dipstick.