Reliable Mower for Small Lawn Mowing Business

Razarsharp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would suggest a Minimower. There is such a thing. Assuming that you are going to focus on small lawns.....check it out. No gas no oils and may attract some "green" customers as well.

Its pretty powerful for its size and sturdy....mainly ideal for small lawns...folds and stores well....and will fit in the trunk of your car. Will zip through most lawns with a clean cut. Just make sure you have an extension cord and somewhere to plug it in.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I am thinking one of the commercial or high end consumer push mowers. Seeing as how ethanol is the least expensive oxygenate, just about every urban area will only have fuel with ethanol per the EPA. Over 95% of the gas sold goes into cars, so it's not worth shipping and stocking "off-road" gas. An exception might be a large marina, but most of them just buy road fuel. As mentioned, small rural areas may not have ethanol, but going there may be inconvenient. Second, all gas is poor quality, there are a lot of volatiles, etc. in the mix to stretch a barrel of oil, etc.; the gas rapidly looses these volatiles and the quality and octane goes down. I say if you can't empty your gas can every week, use StaBil, etc. Also, in a 2 stroke, I use 89 or 91 octane, because the oil lowers octane (check a Stihl manual, that is what they recommend). I'd also use a gas can with a screen or filter in the spout and maybe get a mower with a gas turn-off and close it while tilting the mower in and out of the car trunk. I didn't buy a cheap mower this time and it has been carefree (I have a 1/2 acre). Starts on one pull 90% of the time and mows like a dream. I use StaBil and air-cooled 4 stroke cycle lawn mower oil.