Rehabbing and Restoration of old mowers

SnapperLady

Threads
I live out in the country and always keep my eyes open for cool old stuff.

We had 3" of rain overnight so the creek flooded out the usual road I take to work. Had to go a different way this morning. Passed by a mower place I hadn't seen before. Of course, the shiny new Husqvarnas and Gravelys wasn't what caught my eye.....it was the "graveyard" out back.

Stopped there after work and found a real project for a Scag fanatic, or if there is anyone on these forums who just are nuts about restoring old machines.

This is a Scag model SM617E, serial # 2296003. Enormous. It's a 3-wheel, huge deck up front, and a seat to sit on instead of standing behind it.

I can get pictures and additional info. - tell me what to find out!

It's in central Virginia if anyone's interested. They'd probably let it go cheap, just to get it out of there, as it doesn't belong to anyone and they have no plans to restore it.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you check out the Lawn-Boy forum, you'll find lots of interest in fixing up vintage mowers. I consider the pre-1980 Lawn-Boys the best mowers ever made.

SnapperLady

Threads
Re: updated info on old Scag

I have posted some pictures of the Scag in My Albums.

When I went back today, I looked at the aluminim plate with the model numbers myself. Apparently, the kid who was reading off numbers to me yesterday was wrong. The numbers are a bit worn so he didn't take a close enough look.

This is a Scag model STHM-22CV, serial # 21960079. It was abandoned at this repair shop. They want to get rid of it.

There are a lot of good parts on it and it was running. Now gas tank isn't attached. It's been sitting outside for a long time and really needs to be rescued. :anyone:

I'll check out the other forums but I wish we had a separate forum on the main list of forums just about rehabbing and restoring. :2cents: