Regent K46 Hydro died.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have to differ about JD as the local JD dealer has to order nearly everything I need for the last two years. This lead me to source the parts from other vendors in order to keep my customers up and running.

It all started with them taking away my Stihl discount, then my JD parts discount, and finally charging me a $20 per order surcharge. In the meantime I found an online JD dealer that returned my discount and had lower shipping cost than the local dealer. As the Stihl parts I found another local dealer that is willing to give me a discount on parts. On top that last time I made a major part purchase from the local dealer they look up and quote a price on the parts they were ordering for me. Then a week later when the parts came in they they jacked the price. I complain and they said they would refund the difference which they never did so I dropped them like an extra hot potato.

I just repaired a Z915B that needed an air filter assembly. The local dealer wanted $216 for one. But from another source I sold the customer the same air filter assembly for $183.19 and I made a fair profit on it too of $28.19. Sometimes you just have go around the dealers. The local dealer thought they had the area sowed up but they forgot about the resourcefulness of some of their customers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have to differ about JD as the local JD dealer has to order nearly everything I need for the last two years. This lead me to source the parts from other vendors in order to keep my customers up and running.

It all started with them taking away my Stihl discount, then my JD parts discount, and finally charging me a $20 per order surcharge. In the meantime I found an online JD dealer that returned my discount and had lower shipping cost than the local dealer. As the Stihl parts I found another local dealer that is willing to give me a discount on parts. On top that last time I made a major part purchase from the local dealer they look up and quote a price on the parts they were ordering for me. Then a week later when the parts came in they they jacked the price. I complain and they said they would refund the difference which they never did so I dropped them like an extra hot potato.

I just repaired a Z915B that needed an air filter assembly. The local dealer wanted $216 for one. But from another source I sold the customer the same air filter assembly for $183.19 and I made a fair profit on it too of $28.19. Sometimes you just have go around the dealers. The local dealer thought they had the area sowed up but they forgot about the resourcefulness of some of their customers.
Dealers do not keep any parts in stock
But the local warehouse does so the parts just had to come from Melbourne to Sydney
The B & S Australia warehouse does not have parts and they then order them from the B & S warehouse in the USA that does not have the part either
Same story for Kohler and as for MTD I just get NLA for nearly any par that is not used on a common model .
The JD warehouse has parts for 30 year old mowers in stock