Red maxx home carb problem?

Gramp75

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got this red maxx home bt250 and it i put new fuel lines on and it ran fine. Then another day i go to use it it starts out fine but then starts bogging out. Choke it some works again but heavy load kills it starts up runs for a few then bogs out finally wont start. Has a new tank filter also. I disassembled carb bottom where pump diaphram is and all seemed good forced gas thru holes and tubes and screen. Put back together same problems. I have had issues before with this newer style no jets adjust carb. Have never seen any information on them. Last time i just bought another 1 replaced it. So the main jet is a needle They dont seem that complicated but i have no clue what to test or check on them besides the diaphram components.so the main jet is a needle on a rotating air tube? Awful awful small jet! Took a mini wire brush hair to pass thru! Its somewhere between mini hair and regular wire brush hair. Is there a low speed jet in carb throat? Dont know. I usually just soak carbs to try and clean sometimes it works. I think im might try an ultraslasonic jewelry cleaner as long as carb chemicals dont melt the plastic! Or some other novel way to add vibration to the soak! Ok pic of carb and its a weirdo cant find any vids on it. The primer bulb is seperate on air filter. The return goes into bottom left and i guess exits bottom right. When i pump up bulb i meet resistance and if i pop off suction line it squirts across table good flow under pressure! Carb floods if i try to start it fires up then dies wont start. Plug wet. It has new pump diaphram too

Attachments

• 20220614_133945_HDR.jpg
    20220614_133945_HDR.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Gramp75

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok update i had lines to primer reversed. Not sure how that happened. Running now...