"Red Max" Engine Issue

bartles

Threads
Working ona Red Max Model HBZ2601 Lawn Blower: The engine starts quickly and idles fine, but until it is warmed up (about a minute). Until it runs at
slow speed adding throttle slowly, hitting the choke, for a minute, will it run wide open and works fine. (not a proficient two cycle guy)

Thanks in advance

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like the newer emissions compliant 2 cycle engines. the slow warmup before allowing throttle is typical, May be able to adjust the carb if adjustable to alleviate some of that.

bartles

Threads
Sounds like the newer emissions compliant 2 cycle engines. the slow warmup before allowing throttle is typical, May be able to adjust the carb if adjustable to alleviate some of that.
Thanks so much for your quick reply. Logical characteristic of retarded timing... didn't think about that. The carb (new)only adjusts for idle speeds.
I appreciate your help!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have come across some trimmers that say to let it idle for a minute before using in the starting instructions.

bartles

Threads
I have come across some trimmers that say to let it idle for a minute before using in the starting instructions.
Reading the operating instructions....a simple thing a lot of folks don't take the time to do.....including me at times. We just assume our into a lot of trouble.

Good advice and I appreciate your input!!

bartles