Recommendation for cordless self propelled 21” mower

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Recommendation for cordless self propelled 21” mower
Use the Makita for the first time; no where near the power of the Honda but I think it will be adequate. Four batteries will not do my lawn.
Mow more often. Easy right....

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought an ECO 21" self propelled in 2019, mows my entire yard on 3/4 charge. When the grass is overgrown and thick it automatically speeds up and powers through. I love it, much more power than the Troy Bilt pos it replaced!
Let's not get carried away here LOL. That Toy Built will be around far longer cutting grass than any eco.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took a chance and ordered the sef propelled Makita from HD. Hoping for the best.
You could of bought a Commercial Snapper, Honda or Toro for the price of that $1200.00 Milwaukee. Mower longevity an easy 40-50 years. How many battery jobs will be around that long?

Last edited:

Charlie8d

Threads
Congratulations on your new purchase . You can always cut part of your yard, take a break, recharge the batteries, then finish. That will let YOUR battery recharge at the same time.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
If you have a 'larger than average' yard, it's gonna be a good idea to have 2 chargers and 3-4 batteries.

Think of the batts as pre-purchased fuel. My oldest batteries are just now starting to fail - they lasted 7-8+ years. I DO have other equipment that uses the same batteries so, I have several around.

If you have a 'big' yard, probably best to stay with gas.

Jake8131

Threads
My RYOBI mower speeds up going thru tall grass.

Charlie8d

Threads
My Greenworks speeds up to when hitting higher grass.

You can extend cutting time by not using the self-propelled feature all the time.
If you have downhill slopes, short runs on level ground , turning around , etc. , don't use that feature. Stopping for a short water/bathroom/cooling off breaks lets the mower build back up a tad more voltage, too.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
it also took awhile for me to 're-train' myself and actually let go of the DM bail when taking the mower to another area. If it's just across the sidewalk it's fine to leave it runnning, but re-starting an electric is so easy, no need to fear letting it turn off moving from front to back yard or across driveways, etc.