Export thread

Rebuild

G

Gray Arrow

Hi Old and new members, Gray Arrow here !
I need to pull a Deck Rebuild on my Toro ss5000 Model 74731 .
Who has the most reliable parts at a good price ? Can get Deck Rebuild kits but prices are all over and for some it appears I need to check all numbers ....?
Any advice will be appreciated!
Old Gray Arrow

M

mechanic mark

You will need Serial Number for your unit.
Google part numbers for your deck looking for OEM Toro Parts.

B

bertsmobile1

Go to toro and down load your manuals Service & parts you will need the numbers off the ID tag in the engine bay to get the right ones .
As for parts the real companies that have real warehouses and names you have heard of like Oregon, Prime Line , Rotary & Stens will all have good quality parts at reasonable prices plus they alhave warranties and in most cases can be picked up from a local dealer who will be there to help .
Some will not be available and others like idler pulleys might need to have the stand off bushes swapped over .
Most of their stock is similar and much of it comes from the same factories .
After that on line dealers will have a better price than glass fronts although delivery will often make them more expensive .
Always check the company names to see it they really exist .
It is very easy to have a big web pressence which makes it look like it is a big company when all the time it is nothing more than a computer in some ones toilet .
Check to see if they list the number of each part in stock.
Losts of slease bag operations who will take your money then place on order for a part from a wholesaler only to find they have no stocks so 2 years latter they still have your money and you do not have your parts .