Real pain in the Butt

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually the engine uses both bi-metal spring and an air vane.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, just looked up your carb, which is one of the first styles with not float adjustment. Did you check that idle jet I talked about? This engine uses the air vane AutoChoke system, so if the choke is not closing, the linkage is screwed up.

Roy purtell

Threads
Sorry, just looked up your carb, which is one of the first styles with not float adjustment. Did you check that idle jet I talked about? This engine uses the air vane AutoChoke system, so if the choke is not closing, the linkage is screwed up.
I’m guessing with the air vane auto choke Even if it were warm or hot from just running the choke would close Would that be right

Roy purtell

Threads
I’ve got a new carburetor on the way

Mower King

Threads
I’m guessing with the air vane auto choke Even if it were warm or hot from just running the choke would close Would that be right
That's right, the air vane type choke closes the choke when the engine is not running, no matter what the temp....as long as it is functioning the way it's designed and not stuck due to debris or whatever. It opens the choke when the engine starts/runs via air from the flywheel.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Negative, there is an overriding system which holds the choke open when the engine is warm. I’ll ask one more time, did you check to see if the idle jet was open and how did you check it?

Roy purtell

Threads
Negative, there is an overriding system which holds the choke open when the engine is warm. I’ll ask one more time, did you check to see if the idle jet was open and how did you check it?
no......I'm just going to wait and install a new carb....I'm really tired of playing with this old carb.

Roy purtell

Threads
Thanks very much Great information I’ll use it when I install new camera

bbest

Threads
I work on these all of the time. The Recyclers with the Tecumseh engines are the most problematic. I simply replace the carburetor. I have found that about 1/3 of the time, a simple cleaning will not correct the problem. It is more cost effective for me to just replace them. Another thing I have done with my own recycle, I have gone to premium fuel with a dash of stabilizer. Many will argue that running higher octane fuel in a mower is not good and maybe even unneeded, but, it works well for me...