Real Low Hrs Exmark ZTR 4-5 yrs old rule of thumb value?

vince32837

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Real Low Hrs Exmark ZTR 4-5 yrs old rule of thumb value?
I'm in the market for a used Exmark 48-52" Lazer. I have seen some local ads for 2007/2008 lazers with 50-200 hrs on them. Either the guy jumped into the business and jumped out quickly or a homeowner putting 25 hrs on his mower per year for 4 years.

ZTR prices, especially Exmark have risen sharply over the last 4 years. Lets say back in 2007, the lazer with 27Hp Kawasaki engine MSRP was 7K. These guys are looking for near 6K now because the mower has only 100 hours.

My question is what would you guys pay for a exmark or scag ZTR mower out of warranty, 4 years old, even with baby hrs on it? The guy will say that mower today costs 8-9K, you are getting a deal for 6K! Should I be using 2008 MSRP at a starting point or 2012 msrp? or is a 2008 exmark ztr and 2012 just gimmick differences are essentially the same mower?

thanks Vince

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

As with everything there is a season to buy & a season to sell... We are now getting into the season to sell mowers.
Anyone with a Good mower will be able to get a very good price for it in early spring.... If your looking for the Best mower deals, that will be late summer & fall.
I myself like Good used equipment. I've bought a lot of it over the past decades... :smile:KennyV

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 2008 Scag Tiger Cub 26 B&S 48" deck and it was $6,888 including tax in Aug of 2008. The B&S engine doesn't have the particle separating air filter on it so I thought that I would either trade it in or sell it outright and get a model with a different engine. The dealer insulted me with his trade in offer, so I offered it locally. The best offer that I got was $3,500 and that was with the collection system which was a $2,000 attachment. I still have and use this machine regularly. I buy air filters by the case and change them frequently.
A motivated seller is more willing to move a machine. Finding the desirable machine from a motivated seller isn't easy.
Mad Mackie in CT

vince32837

Forum Newbie
Threads
You guys are right, its what the market will pay or sell for?

thx Vince

lifesgood14

Forum Newbie
Threads
The exmark is a good machine. The value on those machines holds up very well, but again it depends on the time of season you are buying.

make sure you take it for a solid test drive with the blades on before you buy thou!