Export thread

re; Peerless 2300 transaxle

R

rapid robert

Can anybody tell me if any sears craftsman lawn tractors have a Peerless 2300 transaxle? I have a john Deere 112 with a Peerless 2300 transaxle that I need a axle shaft for. If I knew than maybe I could order a axle shaft for my lawn tractor through sears craftman. The John Deere is a m43781 or the Peerless number is a 774041. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I don't know about your transmission but I have found out that a lot of John Deere parts aren't interchangeable with anything else.

R

rapid robert

I appreciate your quick response. My Peerless transaxle is actually a model 2316 on the serial tag.I assume it one of the 2300 series models. I called sears craftsman parts and they said they could not cross the Peerless number and that they needed the sears craftsman lawn tractor model and serial number to order axle shaft. I will probably look for a good used one. Thank you for your time sir.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I appreciate your quick response. My Peerless transaxle is actually a model 2316 on the serial tag.I assume it one of the 2300 series models. I called sears craftsman parts and they said they could not cross the Peerless number and that they needed the sears craftsman lawn tractor model and serial number to order axle shaft. I will probably look for a good used one. Thank you for your time sir.

I know we have some very good mower salvage yards in my area. If they don't have the parts they can tell you what parts will interchange.

I

ILENGINE

I don't know why sears is such a pain in the butt. They do not change the part numbers from the OEM number so there is no cross reference required. The 774041 is the Peerless part number as well as the sears part number, and according to partsdirect is in stock.

Even though it may be a 2300 series transmission the different parts are located by the type number. There may be several 2316 transmissions that use different gears, shafts, bearings, and seals

reynoldston

reynoldston

Why don't you get your axle from John Deere? Sears can't be any cheaper is it.

I

ILENGINE

The JD part number that he list is showing no longer available. I did find another part number for the 112 axle, but are $110 and some change each compared to $90 and change through sears.

R

rapid robert

Thanks guys. The John Deere axle I priced through Deere was 116 dollars,so I was checking to see if sears was any cheaper.

J

johnatjhu

R

rapid robert

Thank you Johnatjhu. I apologize for not getting to your post any sooner. Yes I have this download, but when I enter this part number in the search bar this part number is no longer available or obsolete. I ended up buying a good used axle from a member of Weekend Freedom Machines. com. Thanks for your help.