RAZOR 21 REFLEX™ SELF PROPELLED 911602

RingSteel

Forum Newbie
Threads
new mower 2.0 hours. (ser# 019217)
Issue: rear wheel lock ups.
So this unit replaces a 17 y.o. husqvarna. Has two purposes. One, make one pass around house and small obstacles for ZT to take over. The other is to cut drainage ditch r.o.w. that city ordinance says is owners responsibility.
Issue: I'm old (fill in your jokes here:____) So mowing down the steep angle will then 'pull free wheeling mower' back up.
This mower locks up and have to rock it to free up wheels.
what have I done: Read manual, spoke with Ariens twice, called dealer who does not return calls.
My attempts: with a 6" crescent adjusted cable inwards 1-3 mm at a time. Wheels finally did free up perfectly. heh, but no fwd. powered motion.
Adjust forward got proper fwd. speed but constant wheel lock up. All adjustments done incrementally.
Two hours later, I'm physically tired of fighting this.
Bought new from dealer in San Antonio on Bandera Rd. Two hour drive, local dealer no response.
Have one more dealer 40 minutes away will call them for appt.

Ariens states this is a new release and they know about this and hence point me to make these minor adjustments.
IF 1mm to find the sweet spot is that tight of a tolerance, I may have to bite the bullet and take a loss on Craig's list.
I cannot be fighting this issue regardless of brand. Buyers remorse? YES! Then why did I buy it.
Well was ignorant of this issue, and the fold-able handle was a big point for limited storage. Now am wiling to forgo space for a front wheel drive if this cannot be resolved.
So now am appealing to seasoned owners that may have ideas that have not been considered.

This should be fun....thanks.....heh...heh...

RingSteel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: Told me there was nothing wrong. Explained circumstances when wheels lock up.
Told me it was a safety feature when dealer called back half hour later.
Dealer translation: I ain't getting nuff money from Ariens to make it worth my while, so here it is.
So I'm stuck with buyer's remorse and as a beta tester for a newly released mower.
This is the results of over thinking again. Should have just bought the front wheel drive.
Oh well......

MAC-MAC

Forum Newbie
Threads
new mower 2.0 hours. (ser# 019217)
Issue: rear wheel lock ups.
So this unit replaces a 17 y.o. husqvarna. Has two purposes. One, make one pass around house and small obstacles for ZT to take over. The other is to cut drainage ditch r.o.w. that city ordinance says is owners responsibility.
Issue: I'm old (fill in your jokes here:____) So mowing down the steep angle will then 'pull free wheeling mower' back up.
This mower locks up and have to rock it to free up wheels.
what have I done: Read manual, spoke with Ariens twice, called dealer who does not return calls.
My attempts: with a 6" crescent adjusted cable inwards 1-3 mm at a time. Wheels finally did free up perfectly. heh, but no fwd. powered motion.
Adjust forward got proper fwd. speed but constant wheel lock up. All adjustments done incrementally.
Two hours later, I'm physically tired of fighting this.
Bought new from dealer in San Antonio on Bandera Rd. Two hour drive, local dealer no response.
Have one more dealer 40 minutes away will call them for appt.

Ariens states this is a new release and they know about this and hence point me to make these minor adjustments.
IF 1mm to find the sweet spot is that tight of a tolerance, I may have to bite the bullet and take a loss on Craig's list.
I cannot be fighting this issue regardless of brand. Buyers remorse? YES! Then why did I buy it.
Well was ignorant of this issue, and the fold-able handle was a big point for limited storage. Now am wiling to forgo space for a front wheel drive if this cannot be resolved.
So now am appealing to seasoned owners that may have ideas that have not been considered.

This should be fun....thanks.....heh...heh...
I just purchased this same New Self Propelled Ariens Razor Reflex Mower 7/25/23; The Rear Wheels lock up when trying to move in reverse. I called Ariens , The tech,said its by design for safety, (Wow) , So buyer beware , Every time trying to pull back the mower you have to drag it with locked up wheels, Junk, I hope to see a class action lawsuit on this, don't waste your money.

RingSteel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Safety cough cough feature wow ...engineer must have been a former political speech writer to come up with that fluff.....
Just did full tune up on BIL's Honda rear wheel drive, an old unit with a rust hole on the deck.
Yet it never locked up when doing the post maintenance test cuts.
I'm truly disgusted and each time it locks up on me it just pushes my every Ariens button.
They deleted my review and have not checked to see if my second one is still up.
On their u-toob channel I gave them a scathing review and the reply was thanks for your feed back......yeah you all know what you can do with the feed back....
IF, I come across a good front drive unit I'll grab it and sell this one, knowing I'll take a bath on the loss.
I'm not just able to lie to someone for a sale, it'll be full disclosure.
But as my maintenance backlog dwindles, I plan on opening this thing up.
Now that I know the warranty is not worth as much as a roll of Angel soft.