Raptor SD not cutting right, could be PTO

vanhanz

Threads
2019 Raptor SD 60 inch. I started the engine, let it warm up, then drove it over to the lawn, put the engine speed to about 3/4 and engaged the blades... engine bogged down and mower shut off. Did this again, same result. The next time I tried I increased the engine speed a bit and apparently there was a stick under it, it chopped it up and the blades engaged. I mowed the front lawn, had to get off and stop the blades to move something, then when I re-engaged the blades I didn't hear the usual slight bogging down of the engine, the blades just engaged without any resistance. I tried cutting the lawn and I could tell the blades were moving and it was cutting and throwing grass out the side but it wasn't as powerful as usual. Now I sometimes have to do a double pass for the mower to cut evenly.

Any ideas what could be the issue? I checked the pulley on the deck and it was still on, it just seems like I lost power at the deck.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the belt
chances are it has jumper off one of the pulleys.

vanhanz

Threads
Thanks I'll give it another look tonight

vanhanz

Threads
Update - On further inspection it was the belt that slipped off one of the pulleys. It slipped up so it was around the spindle that holds the pulley. Thanks all for the help.

The Chairman

Threads
Every now and then, take the belt off (using the right side pulley is the easiest way for me). Now take a few moments and spin each pulley listening for noise and feeling if there are any unusual vibrations. push the pulley side to side to see if there is any undo play there as well. Removing the blades first will help with the blade towers. If everything is butter smooth, put the belt back on and go mow.