Ran over a rope

hyperman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Local guys working on the cable lines threw a rope at the bottom of my property. Grass was high and I did not see it. Wrapped around the blades and mower stopped. I jacked up the mower and cut the rope out. Cleaned it all up and started it up. Mower runs fine and when I engage the pto it mows fine. I do not hear anything grinding and nothing appears to be bent. I took both pulley covers off and inspected them as well. Is there anything else I should look for? Should I have the dealer look it over before mowing again? It's a 1 year old cub cadet Ultima ZTS2-54

GearHead36

Threads
I got too close to a tarp once, and it got sucked into the deck. Stopped things pretty quickly. Pretty quickly... not instantly. Hitting things like ropes and tarps will stop your blade(s) and engine, but it's a fairly gentle stop compared to hitting a stump or a rock. Once I cut the tarp out from around the blades, it continued working just fine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try to remove 2 gauge power cable from a 72” two spindle rotary cutter. About 10 years ago customer came in dragging 20’ behind his cutter. Had to tip it over and use a cutting torch to get it out. Power company said it was the customers fault and wouldn’t pay a dime. I still don’t know why the customer didn’t see it.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a mower in the shop a couple years ago the woman said when she engaged the blades it killed the engine. It had an 8 foot shepherd's hook wrapped around both spindles. Had to use my muffler cutoff tool to cut it into 4 pieces to get it out. She didn't remember hitting anything.

jviews12

Threads
If everything is clean and no extra stuff wrapped around, I would not do more. I would be concerned if anything chewed up the oil seal, so check and monitor the motor oil religiously. No skimping on this. Sounds like you are fine.

rutbuster1

Threads
Local guys working on the cable lines threw a rope at the bottom of my property. Grass was high and I did not see it. Wrapped around the blades and mower stopped. I jacked up the mower and cut the rope out. Cleaned it all up and started it up. Mower runs fine and when I engage the pto it mows fine. I do not hear anything grinding and nothing appears to be bent. I took both pulley covers off and inspected them as well. Is there anything else I should look for? Should I have the dealer look it over before mowing again? It's a 1 year old cub cadet Ultima ZTS2-54
It'll be fine. No abnormal vibration, nothing grinding or scrubbing, nothing bent, I'd run it.

DWSarow

Threads
I think your good to go,but you could wiggle blade from beneath to check bearings, take off blade and inspect for balance,and if your at all worried,I use a temp gun periodically on my bearings,overkill for sure but chasing parts and service is not something I enjoy