Export thread

R419tsx ride on mower won't start after winter

F

fantombiker

Came to get the mower out of the garage, and lo and behold did not start. Checked battery, it was dead, so bought a nice new fresh one. Tried again, still dead. Ok, then i thought solenoid, replaced the solenoid. Still nothing. This thing is only 2 years old and been in dry storage over winter!!

Its got be electrical...Got the multimeter out. There is no power to the ignition switch or to the seat cut off...

When i connect the battery the dash display has a glow as if some power is going to the dash. Could it be a malfunction of one of the cut off switches, theres one on the hand brake and one on the mower deck?? Please help!!

M

mechanic mark

Remove battery & have Oreillys Auto Parts load test battery at no cost to you. I believe your new battery may be bad. Check date on new battery & ask them to test battery before heading home. Keep us informed, thanks Mark

B

bertsmobile1

Pull the blower cover off and check for it being a Mouse Hilton over winter complete with a wireing snack bar .
Very common
Winter corrosion of the battery cables where they connect to the mower is also quite common

smalltimerpm

smalltimerpm

Check the clutch/break switch...it's hard to see sometimes but it should be right behind left side of mower. Make sure it is making full contact with pedal pressed in also