Questions on condition and pricing.

daltojamesl

Threads
Hello,
Long story short I inherited a small engine shop and need advice on pricing machines. I have a Snapper Model #190702 Type#1145-01 Code#7801051.I do not know what mowers to work on and what ones aren't worth it. The previous owner seemed to have attempted to paint the mower. You can definitely tell. Is this something that is really a big deal or are people just worried about how it works. I know I have alot going on in here. Thank you for any advice

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Short answer is whatever someone offers you. It is extremely difficult for us who are hundreds maybe thousands of miles away to give you good advice without standing next to you. Example, the engine number you posted shows a 43 year old engine, built in 1978. If you was there I would offer scrap price at the high end, maybe less. Sorry I can’t help more, but have to be honest.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ebay is our best friend ( for a change )
Search for you mowers by brand name
Then in the left of the screen go down to the bottom and click on "completed sales"
Then in the time frame, back as far as your browser will allow.
Then search through them for mowers similar to yours and see what they actually sold for.
As a rule there is not much profit to make from restoring old mowers unless they are a fashionable item
A collector might pay $ 5,000 for a TOTALLY ORIGINAL example of a mower they do not have but only $ 50 if it has aftermarket parts .
Some mowers get a cult following .
Just after Forest Gump was released down here , original RER tiller steering Snappers went ballistic as did the Rover rebadged ones .
Now days you can not give them away .
If you are going to run the shop as a business then concentrate on the existing customers and leave the restorations . refurbishments as a loss leader to occupy down time when you have some