Question about the choke/throttle lever 2005 LT1000

Bob E

Threads
I don't buy that. There is a reason the engine manufacturers specify a rpm for low idle (turtle) as well as high idle (rabbit), but I do suspect starting a splash lube engine at full throttle maybe better at splashing the lube around.

Mower King

Threads
I don't buy that. There is a reason the engine manufacturers specify a rpm for low idle (turtle) as well as high idle (rabbit), but I do suspect starting a splash lube engine at full throttle maybe better at splashing the lube around.
Full throttle at all times, as long as the gov. is working, is WAY better on a mower. Better for Oiling, Better on cooling of engine, Better on all drive systems, Better cut, Better everything......you can buy it or not!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Full throttle at all times, as long as the gov. is working, is WAY better on a mower. Better for Oiling, Better on cooling of engine, Better on all drive systems, Better cut, Better everything......you can buy it or not!

my old Kawasaki Mule uses a 9.5 hp AIR COOLED, pressure lubed Kawasaki FE290 engine, states in the owner manual in the troubleshooting section under the heading "Engine Overheating"
it lists idling the engine too long or running at low rpm's for too long of a period as a cause for overheating.

Cusser

Threads
So my lawn tractor is starting fine - when the battery has enough juice. I know I need a new U1R battery, but with Arizona drought may not get weeds to mow for several months - so waiting for that.

Walmart seems best price for U1R battery ($25), by a decent margin over O'Reilly and Autozone.

Bob E

Threads
For my B&S 310000 The operating range is 1750 - 3600 rpm. Even at the extremes we're talk less than 2000 rpm difference. If I don't idle it down it will pull wheelies halfway across the yard. Mows real good with the front tires in the air. I'm sure that's much better for the transaxle too. Plowing snow is real fun in rabbit too. :ROFLMAO: