Question about key module

NCMau

Threads
Last fall I purchased a 54 Craftsman, 917.28861X. I am generally satisfied with this product, however there is feature that bugs me to no end. The key module. Instead of the standard key, there is a a sequence push-button to start the machine. To me this is time-consuming and very annoying step because many times I just use the mower to pull a small yard trailer with lot of stop-and-go maneuvers. Also I don稚 have any small kids tempted to take joy rides.

My question is, can I change this push-button module with a standard key module like was installed in the previous model. I looked the parts manual of the previous module , and it looks like the number of connectors are different. So in order to work to it has to be some cutting and splicing wires. I am not going to do this until the warranty period is over.
Where can I find a detailed wiring (maybe factory) diagram for this model? The operator's manual I have is useless to solve this issue.
Since this mower is made by Husqvarna, maybe the wiring should be the same. I know they use the same key module.