Quantum 6.75 Starting Woes

Snapper987

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a snapper mower with a quantum 6.75 engine with Ready Start. I used the mower today to bag some leaves which caused me to stop and empty the bag quite frequently. Each time I attempted to restart the mower it gave me problems. It got so bad that I needed 40-50 pulls before the engine would fire. I had the fuel system flushed earlier this season, and the current gasoline is no more than one month old. I suspect I may need a new carb or choke adjustment. The day was around 42 degrees outside but I don't think the cold weather could cause this much of a headache. For instance I have a craftsman with a 23 year old Tecumseh L head that has no such issues in the same weather conditions. As the season is nearly over in Michigan I will probably address this next season, but any help would be appreciated.

Make: Briggs and Stratton
Model: Quantum 675 series # 126T05-0678-B3
Serial # 08032756

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect that part of the problem is when you shut it off to empty the bag, the muffler cooled enough to allow the choke to close, but the engine was still warm enough to start without the choke, and between the two is actually causing a warm flood situation.

Could also be an issue with the ready start choke system. those tend to pop up from time to time.