Puzzled

MarineScott

Threads
While cutting grass, it quit again. I removed the fuel line at the carb. to see if there was fuel....yes, but not sure if it has the correct volume. After reconnecting the hose it started and ran fine. I will eliminate the filter to diagnose further.It may very well be the filter even though it is new.

Cusser

Threads
My Craftsman lawn tractor B&S engine would crap out after mowing a bit; it turned out that my choke butterfly would not return to "open" when I moved the handle. I added a little spring from Ace Hardware to fix it, drilled a small hole in the plastic housing and attached to the choke arm. Sorry for the blurred photo, old.Lawn tractor choke fix.jpg

MarineScott

Threads
Does it have a fuel pump? What fuel filter did you install?
You sir are correct with the fuel filter. This is a new filter, tank is clean, and fuel is fresh, and the lines are new, but........when it acted up I removed the fuel line and the volume was not there. Have not used the mower for a few weeks, because the grass is dying, but when I did, it ran and quit immediately. I removed the fuel line with the petcock open.......nothing. I introduced air pressure into the tank, and it began to flow. Time for a new filter, NO Arnold filters!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The paper element type filters are a cropshoot if they work or not with a gravity system. Normally gravity systems use a metal screen type filter. Depending on the porosity of the media used in the paper cartridge filter the surface tension of the fuel can stop fuel flow.

Tinker Ty

Threads
Use 100% gas and fuel stabilizer year round. You will never have any carb issues again.
For the 30 plus years I have been professionally in the small engine world, I have used (personally) Seafoam and Premium gasoline. I honestly have never had to tear my carbs apart to do anything. Year round usage. I have even started in last 10 years used Seafoam in the crankcase. Everything I own has Seafoam in it, even my two cycle stuff (which you need to use sparingly because of it's wiping agent property). Honestly if Seafoam would pay me to endorse their product, I'd go on the road and sell tanker truck loads of it. ?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Loosen the nut on the bottom of the carb, and let it drain.
Look for beads of water.
Water sits in the bottom and stays there, and causes all types of intermittant symptoms.
Also why alcohol is used in the fuel, it mixes with the water and it burns off eventually.