put deck now won't run

451johnny

Threads
Open the hood and move the PTO lever .
Watch the rods & linkages that move
One of them will depress a lever when the blades are off.
This is the PTO SAFETY switch
Husqvarna usually hide it near the floor behind the dash where it is near impossible to get at .
The brake pedal is generally under the foot boards fastened to the fame rail
It may be inside or outside of the rail .
ok ..I located that switch that get activated by the brake petal and I saw how it works with the brakes ..it has a plunger that seams to have an internal spring which opens once you release the brakes ..it seams to operate good ..the plunger enters and exits the switch just fine not sticking or nothing ??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those switches should have 4 wires going to them
2 are white & 2 are black
The white ones are the cranking circuit so should be closed when the plunger is in . They are POWER WIRES
The black ones are the kill circuits and should be open when the plunger is in and closed when the plunger is out.
They are a ground circuit & go to the magneto to stop it making a spark.

If they accidentially get battery power then they will kill the magneto .

Now get some shortish pieces of wire and put a male spade on each end
Unplug the switches, bridge the white wires and leave the blacks open
Unplug the reverse switch which will be on then end of the wires that branch off the seat switch

The mower should work as normal
If so plug the switches back one at a time till it plays up again and you have found the guilty party
If it still wont run then the seat switch, or the wires going to or from it are the problem .

I have a lot of problems caused by the new anti removal set switches to the point that I have been retro fitting the old switches off mowers in the graveyard.
Some what ironic that a part that very rarely caused problems got replaced with a part that regularly causes problems because people incorrectly blamed it for causing problems.

451johnny

Threads
Those switches should have 4 wires going to them
2 are white & 2 are black
The white ones are the cranking circuit so should be closed when the plunger is in . They are POWER WIRES
The black ones are the kill circuits and should be open when the plunger is in and closed when the plunger is out.
They are a ground circuit & go to the magneto to stop it making a spark.

If they accidentially get battery power then they will kill the magneto .

Now get some shortish pieces of wire and put a male spade on each end
Unplug the switches, bridge the white wires and leave the blacks open
Unplug the reverse switch which will be on then end of the wires that branch off the seat switch

The mower should work as normal
If so plug the switches back one at a time till it plays up again and you have found the guilty party
If it still wont run then the seat switch, or the wires going to or from it are the problem .

I have a lot of problems caused by the new anti removal set switches to the point that I have been retro fitting the old switches off mowers in the graveyard.
Some what ironic that a part that very rarely caused problems got replaced with a part that regularly causes problems because people incorrectly blamed it for causing problems.
sorry for taking so long in responding ..I installed a new brake interlock switch and I still have the same problem ..the only different was I didn't have the mower deck on but I don't see that causing any problems right?? next I'll be doing what you suggested ..thanks again I really appreciate it Johnny