push mower with 120 volt electric start?

rickpaulos

Threads
Looking for suggestions.

Mom (age 83) is complaining about how hard her pull start mower is to start (totally worn out mower of unknown brand) and is looking for a new or used mower. I've repaired it numerous times and it was a pos when ever it was new.

I think a plug in 120volt electric start would be just the item. No starter battery that we all know will go bad way too soon and be too underpowered or not be replaceable in a few years. She is not a person to plug in any thing to keep it recharged.

20, 21, 22 inch, 4 cycle. Push. recycler or side discharge.

No rear discharge/bag. She lives across the street from a square mile cemetery with 10,000 oak trees and all the leaves seem to wind up in her yard. Bagging would be a royal pain for anyone.

not self propelled. She complained about a self propelled model she tried out once that "she couldn't keep up with". My guess is it was in a higher gear and she didn't realized you can shift to a lower gear.

Is there any thing on the market with 120vac plug in electric start 4 cycle gas motor?

If not, why not? My snow blower has 120vac plug in. No problems starting that when it's cold out.

jimrs

Threads
The last 120v mower starting system I have seen was back in the late 60's. It was my father in laws. He rigged a old washing machine motor on a pole in his garage and used a long fan belt to go over the top of the lawn mower on the old type wrap a rope around pulley on the motor. Then all he had to do is pull back on the mower handle to pull the fan belt tight and the motor started. He never bought a new mower in his life until he was in his 80's then bought a rider with 12 volt electric start.