Export thread

purtell11 new member

P

purtell11

Just joined and am trying to get my
granddaughter's Sears Craftsman LT200o riding mower going. I can start it by giving it a shot of start fluid, but it may last for 10 seconds or 10 minutes then dies. It did this prior to replacing the carb. I had access to new carb so I put it on. Checked the power to the electric cutoff on the float bowl and it works fine.
changed fuel , checked fuel lines and looked at fuel filter. The filter looked ok, but I don't know if it is for a non fuel pump system or not.
fuel will run out slowly when I disconnect it, but if I lower it, it runs faster. I know this gravity feed so I don't know if the flow is enough.
Any thoughts

M

Mikel1

:welcome: to the Forum!
Is fuel tank clean? If you spray some starting fluid into carb when it starts dying, does it pick back up?

D

DaveTN

Welcome to LMF! Sounds like a fuel starvation problem.

P

purtell11

:welcome: to the Forum!
Is fuel tank clean? If you spray some starting fluid into carb when it starts dying, does it pick back up?
I removed the fuel tank and cleaned it thoroughly. It will pick up when I spray starter fluid.

M

Mikel1

Does it crank right back up when it dies? Was fuel filter replaced before this started happening?

P

purtell11

Does it crank right back up when it dies? Was fuel filter replaced before this started happening?

t will crank after a few minutes, I pulled the fuel line off at the carb and it is dripping from the line. I inherited the mower so I am not sure if the gas filter is for a gravity or fuel pump system.

M

Mikel1

There should be a lot more than a drip when fuel line is disconnected from carb, more of a stream. If tank is clean, fuel line clear then I would replace fuel filter. My father also has the lt2000.

P

purtell11

There should be a lot more than a drip when fuel line is disconnected from carb, more of a stream. If tank is clean, fuel line clear then I would replace fuel filter. My father also has the lt2000.

Just got a new filter. Will try it out this afternoon and see what happens.

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to the Craftsman forum in case you need any additional help figuring out what that mower issue might be.

P

purtell11

hopefully I can find it.