Pumpkin People

monica123

Threads
Is it better to make pumpkin people out of leaves or hay? I want to make some this weekend with the kids but I am wondering which is better? I want them for the lawn.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Use what ever you have a lot of... your needing filler:thumbsup:...
You can also use newspaper crumpled up...
This time of year leaves are generally the most available right where you need them... :smile:KennyV

adan

Threads
Leaves appear to be more abundant in fall, so make use of them. But if you have lots of hay too, I would think hay is better. They're easier to manage. Try unused clothes as well. Make them useful before you throw them or give them away :)

monica123

Threads
I have all the clothes picked out and ready to go we just need to stuff them and build them. If it does not rain this weekend we will be doing that on Sunday.

AndyMan

Threads
Try unused clothes as well. :)

You can also use extra clothes as stuffing. They don't sag, compact, and mold as badly as leaves or hay. Old sheets and towels work well also.

Twinkle

Threads
It sounds like a great idea, especially with the clothes for internal support and shaping. How will you make the leaves keep the shape though? One puff of wind and they'll be gone! Do post some pictures if you can, I would love to see the finished product.

monica123

Threads
I have them done, I will take pics and post them, bear in mind my 3 year old was my foreman. I will try to get pictures taken today or tomorrow and post them.