pully tension spring

mfrick

Threads
I seem to go from one problem to another. Some day I will cut some grass. I have a 2006 yard machine 42 inch 17.5 hp I finally got the engine running smoothly, thanks to you guys, now the blades won't engage. The belt(correct new belt) is loose when the pto is engaged. I carefully check to make sure it is routed correctly. The pulley tension string broke and fell off and I am not sure I got the new one on correctly. The diagram is pretty vague. If some one has a model similar to mine it would be awesome to see a picture of a spring that is installed correctly or if someone can explain how it is connected in terms a real beginner can understand that would be good to.

thanks

jcihlar

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a hole on the bracket between the pulleys it goes there under the belts

mfrick

Threads
I found the hole between the pulleys but don't know where it connects to the back of the deck. I tried several locations but nothing seems to change. The PTO cable is working fine but the belt is still loose. The pulley tension spring, PTO cable and the belt are all new and I check the routing of the belt. Have no idea why the belt is still loose.