Pulley grinds frame on engagement

rb1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
20220922_203311.jpgits a husqavarna z254. When i engage the blades this pulley hits the frame and rubs as you can see in the picture. I've tightened the spring as much as I can. Have tried loosening as well. Any advice would be appreciated

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pull the belt off and check for play in the pulley. If there is play, replace the pulley.

rb1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pull the belt off and check for play in the pulley. If there is play, replace the pulley.
The pulley itself there is no play. But the bar on the bottom of the pulley that attaches to the tensioner spring has a lot of play.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are going to need to get the assembly off and check for wear in the assembly and/or bolts. You may get lucky and only have to replace the bolts. You will need the model number and serial number in order to get the correct parts.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there a bushing in the idler arm pivot point. Looked it up and not seeing one.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have copied a link to a parts diagram. This may or may not be for the OP’s actual mower, model number and serial number are needed to confirm. The belt, pulleys, mounting bolts, and bar must be removed and inspected for wear. Again, model number and serial number are required for correct parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Fellows the bushing is part of idler pulley at the pivot point.
1663933989341.png

There three parts that have to be replaced. The idler pulley at the pivot point (not the one in the image posted), the idler arm, and the washer under the idler arm. Husqvarna is forcing us to buy the pulley assembly when all you need the adapter stepped bushing which has a shoulder that the idler arm pivots on. Well at least there is an after market one available thru Amazon.

What is happening the pivot hole wear both egg shape and on the top and bottom of flat metal plus the washer and the stepped bushing wear out.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 62309

There three parts that have to be replaced. The idler pulley at the pivot point (not the one in the image posted), the idler arm, and the washer under the idler arm. Husqvarna is forcing us to buy the pulley assembly when all you need the adapter stepped bushing which has a shoulder that the idler arm pivots on. Well at least there is an after market one available thru Amazon.

What is happening the pivot hole wear both egg shape and on the top and bottom of flat metal plus the washer and the stepped bushing wear out.
Exactly the sort of wear that I was expecting. I’m sure that the bolts have some wear too.

rb1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. Based on what I am seeing this would make sense. Would you happen to have the Amazon link for the aftermarket assembly?
View attachment 62309

Thank you. This makes sense based on what I'm seeing. Would you happen to have the Amazon link to the aftermarket assembly?